- 20g Butter
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
- 8 Large roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1 (25 x 25cm) sheet frozen puff pastry, jut thawed
- 2 Teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
1. Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add flavorite tomato, cut-side down. reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
Pre heat over to 220C. Brush a round 20cm cake pan with melted butter. Arrange tomatoe, cut-side down, over base of pan. Top with pastry and fold back the excess.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Set aside for five minutes to cool slightly. Turn on to a serving plate.
Combine vinegar and oil. Drizzle over tart. Season with salt and pepper. Top with basil.