4 large Flavorite Tomatoes, diced
2 cups water
1 cup regular long grain white rice
3 tblspn olive or vegetable oil
2 tblspn white wine vinegar
1/2 Cucumber, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
- Seed and dice two tomatoes, set aside.
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepan.
- Add rice. Cover and cook over low heat until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Add oil, vinegar, garlic to rice. Toss well and let mixture cool slightly.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, cucumber, green onions and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly slice remaining tomatoes. Line the edge of serving plate with tomato slices.
- Spoon rice mixture onto plate.
- Serve salad at room temperature.
- Makes 6 serves.