Preparation time: 20minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small red onions, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 fat garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup picked basil leaves
- 1 cup picked mint leaves
- 1 cup picked marjoram leaves
- 1 cup picked parsley
- 4 large Flavorite tomatoes, diced
- Handful chard, roughly chopped
- 4 stalks silverbeet
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups cooked fresh borlotti beans
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups stale ciabatta bread, torn
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- extra 2tbsp olive oil
- Heat half the oil and add onion, celery and garlic. Cook until soft and golden.
- Add half the herbs and gently fry for 3 minutes.
- Add Flavorite tomatoes and gently cook 20-30 minutes, adding a little water if necessary.
- Blanch chard, silverbeet and beans in salted boiling water. Drain, keeping the blanching water.
- Roughly chop blanched greens and add to tomato mixture with beans and blanching water.
- Stir in remaining herbs with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add bread and stir. The mixture should be very thick.
- Combine chilli and extra 2 tbsp oil and dribble over each bowl of soup to serve.