Suitable to freeze this soup contains 375kJ and 1.5g of fat.
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cups of water
1 tspn grated fresh ginger
1 tspn ground coriander
1/2 tspn nutmeg
1 tbspn vegetable stock powder
500g pumpkin, peeled and chopped
3 cups, diced ripe Flavorite tomato
- Simmer onion in a litre of water until transparent.
- Add ginger, coriander and nutmeg and stir constantly over heat until aromatic.
- Add remaining water, stock powder and pumpkin and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato and simmer for 10 minutes or until pumpkin is very soft. Puree until smooth.
- Garnish with coriander to serve.
- Serves 4.