Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 2-3 minutes
- 1 kg ripe Flavorite tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 500 angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 2 tsp capers
- Grated parmesan, to garnish
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Roughly chop the Flavorite tomatoes into small chunks, discarding the cores. Add garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes but you can leave it up to 2 hours to release the juices.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water according to packet directions until it is al dente – it should still have a slight bite to it. This will only take you 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and immediately add to tomato mixture with basil and capers.
- Toss and serve garnished if liked with parmesan and a good glug of olive oil.