Prep Time: 10min
Cooking Time: 20min
5 large potatoes cut into thick batons
4 x 180g scotch fillet or porterhouse
Vegetable oil for frying
4 Flavorite tomatoes
- Place potatoes sin a pan covered with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook until just tender, but still firm. Drain well.
- Lightly pound meat until it is about 75mm thick. Add enough oil to a heavy based frying pan to about 1cm depth and heat until a faint haze appears.
- Add potatoes in batches to avoid crowding the pan and fry until crisp and golden. Remove, season with salt and keep in a warm place.
- Remove most of the oil from the pan and, when hot, add steak and cook quickly on both sides until brown.
- Arrange steak on plates and top with a stack of big chips, garnished with sliced tomato and some rocket leaves.