1 cup plain yoghurt
1/3 cup tikka masala curry paste
2 tblspns finely chopped fresh coriander
1 tspn salt
4 lamb mini roasts
Extra 1 tblspn tikka masala curry paste
1 tblspn oil
1 x 800g piece Jap pumpkin
4 medium parsnips
Extra 1 tblspn oil
Steamed basmati rice and minted yoghurt to serve
Extra fresh coriander to garnish
- Combine the yoghurt, curry paste, coriander and salt in a large bowl; mix well. Using a sharp knife, score top of lamb in crisscross pattern.
- Add lamb to yoghurt mixture; rub mixture into cuts. Cover; refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Combine extra paste and oil in a large bowl. Cut pumpkin into eight wedges. Peel parsnips; cut into wedges. Add pumpkin and parsnips to paste mixture; toss to coat. Put vegetables in a large baking paper lined baking dish.
- Cook the vegetables in a hot oven, 200 C for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat extra oil in a large, flameproof baking dish on stove-top. Add lamb; cook until brown on both sides.
- Add lamb to the oven with vegetables; cook for a further 40 minutes or until lamb is cooked as desired and vegetables are tender. Cover lamb with foil; stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve lamb with rice, vegetables and minted yoghurt; garnish with extra fresh coriander.
- Serves 8