10 egg whites
1/2 cup organic honey;
1 tsp green tea powder; sifted
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp coconut essence;
Grated rinf drom 2 lemons;
3 fuji apples, peeled and grated;
300g ground almonds;
1/4 cup soy flour;
1/4 cup rice flour
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks then add the honey, green tea powder, vanilla, coconut and lemon rind. Beat well until combined.
- Fold in the grated fuji apple, ground almonds, soy flour and rice flour.
- Spoon into individula oiled muffin tins or one large 25cm cake tin that has been loghtly oiled and dusted with rice flour.
- Bake small cakes for 30 minutes and large cakes for about 50 minutes.
- Check with a skewer before removing.
- Allow to cool then ice with tofu coconut frosting and top with flaked coconut.
- To make the frosting place the tofu, honey, coconut milk powder and essence in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Only add the soy milk if the frosting is too thick.