Caper and Green Peppercorn Mayonnaise
2 tblspns capers
2 cups of mayonnaise
1 1/2 tblpns green peppercorns
Handful flat-leaf parsley
- Coarsely chop peppercorns and capers. Finely chop the parsley and stems and stir into the mayonnaise.
2 roasted red peppers, cut to 1cm wide strips
2 roasted green peppers, cut to 1cm wide strips
1 punnet mustard cress for garnish
2 fresh Flavorite tomtoes, skinned, seeded and roughly chopped
Soft – Shell Crabs
4 large soft-shell crabs
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 cup plain flour
- Using kitchen scissors, dismember the crabs.
- Remove and discard the back legs. On the underside of the of the crab remove the skirt and clean the cavity.
- Wash crab pieces in water and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Toss crab pieces in the plain flour, then in egg mixture and lastly in fresh breadcrumbs.
- Chill until needed.
- Slice sourdough thickly (about 3 cm). Cut the slices into discs using a metal cutter.
- Spray lightly with oil and place in a moderate oven until the bread is dry and golden.
- Remove from the oven, cool and set aside.
- Place a small amount of peppercorn mayonnaise on the base of each plate.
- Using the back of a dessertspoon, swirl the mayonnaise into a disc shape. The mayonnaise disc needs to be larger than the bread disc so the mayonnaise frames the edge of the crouton.
- Place a crouton on top of the mayonnaise.
- Shallow fry the crab pieces in vegetable oil until golden brown, then place on the crouton.
- Top with roasted pepper strips and tomato.
- Drizzle some Lingham’s chilli sauce over the stack and top with a generouse amount of watercress.