Serves: 4 – 8
2 tsp dry yeast
1 cup warm water
Pinch of sugar
3 tbspn rye flour
2 tsp sea salt
2 3 cups strong bread flour
1 garlic clove, crushed
6 ripe Flavorite tomatoes, cored and thickly sliced
4 bocconcini, finely sliced
1 cup grated gruyere
cup grated Italian parmesan
Handful baby rocket
- Combine yeast, warm water and sugar in a bowl. Stand for about 5 min, until foaming.
- Mix rye flour, salt and 1 tbsp oil. Gradually add 2 cups strong bread flour (should be fairly stiff.) Knead on a well – floured bench until smooth and elastic, adding more flour if sticky.
- Then put in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and leave in a warm spot until doubled in size (1 – 2 hours). Punch down, knead lightly and leave until doubled again.
- Combine cup oil and garlic. Punch dough down, divide into 4 or 8 and roll out thinly.
- Drape 1 or 2 at a time, on a preheated barbecue and when they begin to puff, turn over and brush with flavoured oil.
- Briefly cook Flavorite tomatoes on a grill plate. Put on pizza, with bocconcini, and top with gruyere and parmesan. Cook, covered, on moderate part of barbecue until cheese melts. Drizzle with a little more garlic oil.
- Toss rocket with a little oil and scatter over the top.