- 6 zucchinis
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup plain flour
- 500g ricotta cheese
- olive oil, as required
- 6 Flavorite tomatoes
- 1 handful sweet basil leaves
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 sprigs oregano
- 1 spring onion
- Make the dressing by placing all the ingredients in a small blender and blend for a few seconds.
- Slice the zucchini in 1cm thick slices. Add salt & pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Place the slices of zucchini in a plastic bag with the flour, shake well, then remove zucchini shaking off any excess flour.
- Lay zucchini in a baking tray, slightly overlaying each piece. Start from the outside and work towards the centre of the tray.
- Gently crumble ricotta cheese evenly over the zucchini.
- Drizzle olive oil over ricotta and then place sliced Flavorite tomatoes evenly over the top.
- Brush with garlic dressing then place in a pre-heated oven and bake for 20 minutes at 180′C or until the tomatoes have browned slightly around the edges.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with basil leaves and serve with hot village bread.
TIP: Sprinkle chopped fresh oregano and mint over the top before serving.